Air India Express, the low cost arm of Air India, has invited applications from Type Rated Experienced B 737 NG Pilots for the post of Trainee Captain to fill up vacancies at different bases in their network. The selection will be done through walk-in interviews, the dates and locations of which will be intimated to the applicants later. This notification is valid for 6 months from December 06, 2018, the date of advertisement.
a) Technical qualifications
Candidates should be in possession of:
- Valid ATPL issued by Director General of Civil Aviation, Government of India.
- Valid Class –I Medical certificate by DGCA
- Instrument Rating endorsement on Indian ATPL
- FRTO license issued by DGCA
- RTR issued by Ministry of Communication, WPC Wing, Government of India
(All Licenses shall be valid at the time of joining).
- Minimum total flying experience of 2500 hours on fixed wing aircraft
- With Minimum PIC flying experience on fixed wing aircraft as follows:
- With Airline Type Aircraft: PIC flying experience of minimum 500 hours on airline type jet aircraft Or PIC flying experience of 1000 hours on airline type turboprop aircraft
- With Non Airline Type (Fixed Wing) Aircraft :
Minimum PIC flying experience of 1000 hours on non-airline type turbo Jet aircraft
Or PIC flying experience of 1500 hours on non airline type turboprop aircraft.
- With Non Airline Type (Fixed Wing) Aircraft :
Should have current passport (if not available, proof of submission of application to be attached. Possession of passport mandatory at time of joining).
d) Physical requirements:
- Medical fitness
Class-I Medical Fitness Certificate by DGCA, Government of India, which should be valid at the time of application & joining. (Candidates must have done their last DGCA Medical/Renewal within preceding 6 months/1year, as applicable). Additionally candidates will be required to undergo pre employment company medical examination.
- Minimum height: 152.5 cms.
Candidates between 152.5 and 162.5 cm will be accepted only subjected to
ergonomic check during their pre employment medical exam. The decision on acceptance of candidates between 152.5 cm and 162.5 cm height will be solely on discretion of AICL Management and no dispute in this matter will be entertained.
Nature of employment
Contractual terms while serving as Trainee Captain
- Personal Interview
- Simulator Flight Proficiency Test
- Pre-Employment Medical Examination
- Background Verification
- Out stationed candidates shall be provided with hotel accommodation during the
- Candidates will be given an offer letter and should join the company immediately on completion of necessary formalities and compliance of DGCA stipulations.
- Approximately 3.75 lakhs /per month gross + applicable benefits.
Approximately INR 3.00 lakhs/per month gross during training till P2 Endorsement)
- Loss of License and Accident Compensation, entitlement as per company policy
- Group Family Medical Insurance, entitlement as per company policy
- Passages, entitlement as per company policy.
a) Based on requirements of the Company, the candidate may be positioned at any
station in the network.
b) The Company, at its discretion, may assign additional ground duties, as and when
All those appointed will have to undergo- in house training as per prescribed syllabus depending upon the level of experience and recency
- Selected candidates for the post of Trainee Captains would be required to submit 20 post-dated Cheques of INR 40,00, 000/- lakhs each as security deposit, which will be encashed, if s/he does not satisfactorily complete the training and does not complete a period of 05 years of service after release for line flying in Air India Express, and will have to execute an Agreement/Surety bond to this effect. Total surety amount en cashable is Rs.40 lakhs only.
- Selected candidates will also have to execute a performance bond after completion of each subsequent training/endorsement/TRI/Change of A/C type, depending upon the training involved (as decided by Air India Express) which will be stated in the agreement to be executed at the time of appointment.
Last date of application: Air India Express says this notification is valid for 6 months from December 06, 2018, the date of advertisement.
- All candidates who are meeting with the eligibility criteria mentioned in this advertisement, are required to download the application form from this link on the career section of Air India Express website and email the filled application form to
email@example.com with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line of the email should be “Non – Type Rated Experienced Pilots for B737- Your Name”.
Contact number: 022 2626 3123(HRD).
- Copies of supporting documents are NOT required to be scanned and sent at this stage. Only prescribed application form is needed.
- Prima facie eligible candidates, on the basis of application, will only be called for the selection Process subsequently, on provisional basis.
Documents to take for interview
- At the time of interview, the candidate is required to submit the original application in the prescribed format, along with Self-Attested Copies of supportive documents in respect of Item Nos. 3 and 11 to 18 of the application, accompanied with 02 recent (not more than 3 months old) passport size colored photographs(matt finish paper with light background), with name written on the reverse of photographs.
- Original certificates will be required to be brought along for verification purpose only, at the time of the selection process, but should not be submitted/ attached along with the application. The company is not responsible for returning any original copy/s of certificates/ testimonials submitted with the application.
- SC/ST candidates must submit proof (clear self-attested copy of caste certificate) in support of their claim that they belong to SC / ST.
- The candidates belonging to OBC categories must submit a clear self-attested photocopy of the certificate recently issued by the Competent Authority, in the format as prescribed by Government of India. The certificate, inter alia, must specifically state that the candidate does not belong to socially advanced sections excluded from the benefits of reservations for OBC in civil posts and services under the Government of India. The Certificate should also contain the “Non-Creamy Layer” Clause. The certificate produced by the candidates of OBC community should be as per the central list published by the Government of India.
- Note: Scheduled caste candidates who were originally professing Hindu religion and have Embraced Neo Buddhism will also be considered for appointment against posts reserved For Scheduled Caste.
- Applicants ordinarily domiciled in Kashmir Division of J&K State during 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 who are eligible for the upper age relaxation, must produce the domicile Certificate to this effect at the time of Interview from the District Magistrate in the Kashmir division, within whose jurisdiction the applicant had ordinarily resided or any other authority designated in this regard by the Government of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Recent (not more than three months old) passportsize colored photograph of the full face (front view) should be pasted in the space provided in the application form.
Important: Applications which are incomplete/ not meeting the prescribed Eligibility Criteria/ Without requisite documents/licenses will be rejected. Such candidates will not be allowed to appear for the Selection Process. No communication in this regard shall been entertained.