Air India Express is now recruits Trainee Cabin Crew to appoint for a period of five years. The airline will also be preparing a wait list to fill future vacancies. The selected candidates will also be required to undertake ground duties at different stations, at the Airport/Office, as per requirements.
Details of vacancies
- SC 14
- ST 6
- OBC 22
- Un Reserved 44
Eligibility criteria (as on January 1, 2019).
Between 18 and 22 years (Relaxable upto 5 years in case of SC/ST and 3 years in case of OBC categories)
- 10+2 from a recognized Board/University
- Should be fluent in English and Hindi and one or more Indian languages. Preference will be given to those proficient in Malayalam.
- Command of the English/Hindi language should be with clear understandable accent.
A. Minimum height, weight and BMI
- Male : 165 cms ( 5’ 5” ) / BMI – 18 – 25
- Female : 157.5 cms ( 5’ 2” ) / BMI – 18 – 22
Formula for calculating BMI = Weight in Kgs/(Height in Meters X Height in Meters)
Height relaxation: 2.5 cms (1”) for SC/ST candidates and those hailing from North-East States & hilly areas. This relaxation will be granted to candidates who produce a Certificate of Domicile of this area).
B. Weight: In proportion to height as per Company’s standard
- Near Vision N/5 in a better eye and N/6 in worst eye.
- Distant vision 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in another eye.
- Spectacles NOT allowed.
- Contact lenses up to +2D permitted.
- Colour vision should be normal on Ishihara Chart.
Note: Please note that Candidates, who have undergone Lasik surgery for correction of eyesight, will be considered provided they have undergone surgery prior to 6 months of the date of eligibility criteria.
- Should be well groomed with Clear complexion without any
- noticeable blemish, no odd scars / birth marks.
- Even and regular teeth.
- Should be dynamic and have a friendly hospitable disposition, with pleasing gestures.
- Clear speech, no stammering, lisping.
Preference and due weightage will be given to:
a. Applicants who have three years’ Degree/Diploma Holder in Hotel Management and
Catering Technology from a Government recognized Institute.
b. Applicants who have flying experience as Cabin Crew.
c. Applicants who have successfully undergone a Course in First Aid
Selection Procedure involves
- Group Discussion (GD}
- Personal Interview (PI)
- Pre-employment Medical Examination/ Previous Employment References
Note: Candidates will have to bear the cost of the Pre-Employment Medical Examination(s), which could range between Rs.2,000/- and Rs.3,000/. If any additional tests are required, the additional cost thereof will also have to be borne by the candidate.
How to apply (Online application only)
The online applications are to be sent through this page on the Air India Express website. Before applying ONLINE, please ensure that you are ready with the following Documents/information: –
- A valid e-mail ID
- A DIGITAL/SCANNED Passport-size Photograph (Size 10 KB to 35 KB ONLY)
in JPG/JPEG format
- A Medical Certificate from a MBBS Doctor stating therein Height in Centimeters (cms), Weight in Kilograms (Kgs) and Body Mass Index (BMI) and Colour Vision (Colour Blindness). The details with regard to Physical Standards, Doctor’s name and Registration Number of the Doctor will be required while filling the Online Application Form. Candidates will be required to bring the said Medical Certificate in original at the time of appearing for GD & PI. A Format of Medical Certificate is also available here on our Website for facilitation of the candidates.
Candidates using contact lenses will be required to bring a Certificate from an Ophthalmologist indicating therein the power of lenses as the same will be required while filling the Online Application Form. Candidates, who have undergone Lasik surgery for correction of eyesight, will be required to bring a Certificate from an Ophthalmologist/supporting documents indicating therein the date on which, they have undergone for Lasik surgery as the same will be required while filling the Online Application Form. Such candidates will be required to bring the said Medical Certificate/s in original at the time of appearing for GD & PA.
- A non-refundable Demand Draft for Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) in
favour of AIR INDIA EXPRESS LIMITED, payable at MUMBAI
DD should be issued only from a nationalized bank.
Details of DD should be entered while applying online.
Candidates would be required to submit the said Demand Draft at the time of Group
discussion (Not applicable for SC/ST candidates).
- For SC/ST/OBC candidates only- Caste Certificate details – such as date of
issuance and issuing authority. (Candidates belonging to OBC categories must be in
possession of caste certificate in the prescribed proforma issued by the appropriate
authority for Central Government employment.)
Note: All correspondence would be made ONLINE with the candidates. Eligible candidates would be required to bring photocopies of testimonials in support of their date of birth, qualification, experience, Caste and Medical Certificate(s) along with originals. Candidates would also be required to bring Demand Draft (if applicable) & domicile proof (if claiming relaxation in height) at the time of appearing for GD & PA
Those employed in Government/Semi Government/Public Sector/ Private Sector Undertakings will be required to bring a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of appearing for GD
Note: No Physical Application will be entertained under any circumstances.
Last Date for submission of Online Application : 01.01.2019 (Until the end of of working hours).
Candidates will be required to refer to Career page of the airlines website
for latest updates on selection process.
And read this employment notification for full details.
Selected candidates will be imparted training at Mumbai or at any other place decided by the Company
Period of Fixed Term Engagement
Candidates will be engaged on a Fixed Term Contract initially for a period of FIVE years, which is extendable subject to performance of the candidate and the Company’s requirement.
Bank Guarantee and Security Deposit
Before joining training, candidates will be required to submit a bank guarantee from nationalized bank in favor of Air India Express Limited for an amount of Rs. 1,05,000/- (One Lakh Five Thousand Rupees only) for a period of 5 years. In addition, candidates will also be required to deposit an amount of Rs. 15,000/- (Fifteen Thousand Rupees only) in cash/demand draft as Security Deposit towards Uniform/Training Material etc. for a period of 5 years. In the case, the candidates leaves the company or his/her services are terminated for any reason, the bank guarantee shall be
invoked and the security deposit will be forfeited by Air India Express Limited. In case of completion of 5 years fixed term contract successfully, the said bank guarantee will be released by Air India Express Limited and the amount of Security Deposit will be refunded to candidates, no interest will however, be payable on the security deposit.
During the period of training, the candidates will be given a stipend
of Rs.10, 000/- per month.
After successful completion of the training, candidates may initially draw Rs. 36,630/- per month. The above salary includes Fixed pay of Rs. 18,630/- and Rs.18,000/- as Flying Allowance for 60 hours of flying in a month. The flying allowance will be payable for the actual number of hours flown in a month as per the rates applicable”
Based on requirements of the Company, the candidate may be positioned at any station in the network.
The Company, at its discretion, may assign ground duties, as and when required During the course or after completion or during extended term of fixed term engagement, the candidate will not claim for permanent absorption in the Company.
Selection Procedure: General Conditions
Eligible Female candidates will be required to appear for Group discussion in “SAREE” and male candidates in formal attire.
- Eligible candidates would be required to bring photocopies of testimonials in support of their date of birth, qualification, experience, Caste, Medical Certificate/s, Demand Draft and also domicile proof (if claiming relaxation in height) along with ORIGINALS at the
time of appearing for GD & PA.
- At the time of GD, candidates will be required to bring two POST-CARD size FULL LENGTH photographs (One-Front View and another-Side View). The dress code prescribed for these photographs is SAREE for Female candidates and formal attire for Male candidates.
- Candidates belonging to OBC category, the category certificate should be in the prescribed format including the “Non-Creamy layer clause” issued by the Competent Authority for employment under Government of India and should be as per the Central list of OBC’s published by the Govt. of India. Please also note that the validity of “NonCreamy layer” Certificate should not be older than 6 (Six) months from the date of eligibility criteria.
- For the process of GD & PI, candidates may require to stay back for a day or two at their own expenses, if required. No reimbursement shall be made in this regard.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe categories will be entitled for reimbursement of second class return rail/bus fare from the nearest railway station i.e. from the address given in the application to the nearest Selection Centre on production of railway receipt/ticket, as per rules.
- In Pre-Engagement Medical Examination, if it is found that the candidate does not fulfill the medical standards of the Company (including height, BMI & vision) as prescribed for the post, his/her candidature will be rejected automatically without entering into any
correspondence in the matter.
Please note: Please read this employment notification carefully before applying