Air India Engineering Services Limited (ALESL), the MRO wing of Air India , now conducts walk-in skill tests & interviews to recruits Aircraft Technicians. Candidates found suitable and shortlisted will be engaged on fixed-term contract basis for a period of 05 years(extendable for further term of 5 years). A wait list also will be prepared, to fill up future vacancies, if any. Selected candidates will be posted at the MRO unit at Nagpur. (The job is transferable to any station in India, based on Company requirement).
- Aircraft Technician (Airframe & Engine): 32
(General -18, SC-04, ST-02, OBC – 08)
- Aircraft Technician (Avionics): 10
(General: 07, SC-01, OBC-02)
- Aircraft Technician (Backshops): 11
(General: 08, SC-01, OBC-02)
a) For candidates other than Ex-serviceman
AME Diploma/Certificate in an Aircraft Maintenance Engineering from Institutions approved by DGCA under Rule 133 B with 60% marks/equivalent grade (55% or equivalent grade for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
Candidates from DGCA approved AME Training Institutes who are eligible, as per current list.
Diploma (3 Years) / Degree in Engineering (4 Years) in Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation/ Electronics / Aeronautical and Telecommunication/Radio Engineering or equivalent recognized by Central/State Government with 60%marks/equivalent grade(55% or equivalent grade for SC/ST/OBC candidates)
b) For Ex-serviceman
Successful completion of Group 1 related equivalent qualification of Diploma in Engineering for Airframe/Engine/Electrical/Instrument/Radio / Aeronautical trades conducted by the Indian Air Force, which area acceptable as a qualification by DGCA for fulfilling the eligibility requirement for BAMEL examination.
Successful Completion of 4 years course/diploma in Aircraft/ Electrical/ Instrument/ Radio Artificer training conducted by Indian Navy, which are acceptable as a qualification by DGCA for fulfilling the eligibility requirement for BAMEL examination.
Experience (as on September 01, 2018)
For Aircraft Technician (Airframe & Engine) & Aircraft Technician (Avionics)
- Minimum one year experience in aircraft maintenance
For Aircraft Technician (Backshops)
- Minimum one year aviation experience
- 3 years of experience in an industry of repute
Upper age limit
- General category : 35 years
For ex-Servicemen: Upper age limit of 35 yrs. would be relaxed to the extent the candidate has served in a regular post in Army/Navy/Air Force before retirement/release or discharge from such post plus three years.
- OBC: 38 years
- SC/ST: 40 years
- Approximately INR 20,000/- per month at the time of joining.
Period of contact
- 5 years, extendable for a further period of 5 years
- Walk-in Trade test/Skill test & interview
- Pre-employment Medical Examination
Venue, date and time of walk-in Trade test/Skill test & interview
- Human Resources Department, MRO, Nagpur, Plot No.1, Sector 9, Notified Area of SEZ, (Near Khapri Railway Station), MIHAN, Nagpur – 441 108.
- Aircraft Technician (AIRFRAME & ENGINE): September 17 & 19, 2018
- Aircraft Technician (AVIONICS) – September 21. 2018
- Aircraft Technician (BACKSHOPS) – September 24, 2018
- 0930 hours to 1200 hours
The test/interviews may continue the next day, depending on the number of candidates.
The candidates required to appear for the Walk-in along with the duly filled in Application form, in the prescribed format (can be downloaded from here OR from this page in the career section of Air India website) with all the requisite documents along with non-refundable application fee of INR 1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only) by means of A/c Payee Demand Draft in favour of “Air India Engineering Services Limited” payable at Nagpur. (SC/ ST/ Ex-Serviceman candidates are exempted from payment of this fee).
Note: Please do visit this page in the careers section of Air India website to read the full details .